Immigration Services Singapore

If you, your family or your staff are looking to work in Singapore or to migrate here, you will need to navigate numerous immigration regulations. Having an advisor can help shorten the time taken and reduce the headaches in coming here.

Immigration Services Singapore

As a foreigner looking to work or live in Singapore, you will need to navigate numerous immigration regulations. Having an advisor can help shorten the time taken and reduce the headaches in coming here.

Working in Singapore

As a business hub, Singapore welcomes foreign talents to live and work here. If you are interested in starting a business in Singapore, bringing foreign talents to Singapore to work for you or moving your family here, our immigration services will be able to help you reduce the hassle of the application process for the various passes.

Immigration Services Singapore

Our application for work pass services includes applications for:

Employment Pass For foreign professionals with the relevant income and educational requirements.
EntrePass Allows eligible foreigners to start and operate a new business in Singapore.
Personalised Employment Pass For high-earning Employment Pass holders and overseas foreign professionals.
S Pass For mid-skilled foreign employees.
Work Permit Allows semi-skilled foreign workers from approved source countries to work in certain sectors.
Dependant’s Pass For spouses or legally adopted children under 21 years of age of Employment Pass or S Pass holders.
Long Term Visit Pass For a common-law spouse, stepchild or handicapped child of an Employment Pass or S Pass holders.
Pre-approved Letter of Consent Allows eligible Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP/LTVP+) holders who are spouses or children of Singaporean or Singapore permanent resident to work in Singapore.

Briefly, our immigration services Singapore covers the following:

Pre-submission –       Collate and coordinate information regarding the candidate.
–       Perform and assess the candidate’s eligibility according to Ministry of Manpower (MOM) self-assessment tool.
Submission –       Follow up closely with MOM regarding the work pass application status.
–       Advise and respond to MOM’s requests for additional information as necessary.
Approval or rejection –       Upon approval, coordinate with candidate and MOM to arrange for issuance of work passes.
–       Upon unsuccessful, seek the reason of rejection and submit an appeal to MOM within 3 months.
Receiving work pass –       Arrange for the card to be delivered to our office and collected on your behalf.
–       Make arrangements for the candidate to collect the card from us.

Our work pass applications will be handled by our subsidiary, Metropolitan Corporate Advisory Pte Ltd, an employment agency fully licensed by Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower (MOM).

Contact us today to find out how we are able to assist you in your work pass application needs.


1. As an Employment Pass holder, can I be the Company director and sole shareholder?

Yes, as an Employment Pass holder, you can be the company director and sole shareholder.

2. Does our Company require nominee director if we are applying for Employment Pass?

Before the approval of your Employment Pass, your company must have at least one director who is locally resident in Singapore. You may engage our nominee director service on an interim basis until your Employment Pass is approved. You may decide to terminate our nominee director service once your employment passs is approved and issued.

3. Do I need to make any contribution to social security or government fund?

The social security in Singapore is the Central Provident Fund (CPF). It is only applicable for Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents. Employment pass holders do not have to make contributions to CPF.  However, the employer (company) is required to contribute a fee to the Skills Development Fund (SDF) in the form of a Skills Development Levy (SDL). This is paid by employers for all employees up to the first $4,500 of gross monthly remuneration at the rate of 0.25% or $2, which ever is higher.

4. If I'm an EP holder, can I apply to be a Singapore permanent resident (PR)?

If you wish to become a Singapore permanent resident, you can apply through the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA). The application will be assessed based on ICA’s PR criteria.

5. Can EP holders be registered as directors in another company apart from the company the EP is approved for?

Yes, but only if the EP holder has obtained a Letter of Consent (LOC) from MOM.
If the secondary directorship position is in an unrelated company, e.g. fund entities, MOM may still grant the LOC if it is relevant to the EP holder’s primary occupation.

6. Can a work pass holder work for more than one employer at the same time?

No, a work pass holder can only work for one employer at a time.

7. Can I start my own business if I am on S Pass?

No, an S Pass holder cannot be a director or sole-proprietor of a business. If you are an S Pass holder who wants to set up a business in Singapore, you should terminate your current employment and apply for an EntrePass, subject to the qualifying requirements of an Entrepass.

8. Can I work outside of Singapore while on a Personalised Employment Pass (PEP)?

Yes, you can work overseas as long as necessary, if it’s for your Singapore-based employer. The same requirements for PEP will still apply.

If you want to leave Singapore for more than 6 months to work for an overseas employer, you should cancel your PEP.

9. Can I apply for my Dependant’s Pass (DP) before the main pass (PEP, Employment or S Pass) application is approved?

Yes, you can. However, it is recommended to wait until after the main pass is approved to avoid loss of the additional application fee if the DP is rejected along with the main pass.

Get in Touch

Contact us today and we will connect you with the most appropriate specialist to meet your needs.